March 24, 2011

Coffee and Kisses

Bittersweet
By Rebekah A. Frimpong

In the morning he would wake me with coffee and kisses
brown ebony back broad shoulders skin satin
eyes deep cool refreshing
he was a blessing

so real not a dream
my days were filled with memories of joy
he keep me guessing
telling me love was like a river ever flowing

one day he got on one knee and revealed his heart
words from his lips coated my skin like the sun
his heartbeat made my spine move 

we were one two souls gathered
friends brought together
I sipped from his cup without hesitation

the wind would always bring him back to me
he stayed hidden in between the pages
papers soaked with tears
love never ignited left to exhaust

weary I kept hoping that my mornings
nights and days be filled up
like the cup of coffee he use to bring each morning
now mourning
finding him again not possible

no other him could be he
he completed me and my sentences
warm embraces
left me cold no where to think

yet coffee and kisses
what I miss the most
sweetness and bitterness
love turn to hate
twisted soulmates

we conversated over coffee and kisses
lay between the sheets in irony of our union
he stopped speaking and I stopped listening

drifting away he passed by
our glances never meeting
our lips pressed tightly keeping truth in
he said no apologies I felt misled
sweetness and bitterness

sweetness and bitterness
bitterness
bitterness
bitter
sweet

(c) 2011 Rebekah A. Frimpong 

No comments:

Post a Comment