March 22, 2011

Note on War and Peace

The Promise of Peace Bombs
By Rebekah A. Frimpong


They left bombs at my door step
said my vision was too loud
even though I was not speaking
or seeing the peace they said they were seeking


Instead I bled, bones cracking
dreams and hearts crumbling
before me my land laid in chaos
because of the picture you painted
yet I waited
for silence
for rest in the mist of destruction


the bombs kept falling
filling the sky with red clouds
and raindrops of acid
it stung the hypocrisy of your words
you said peace
that each bomb would deter the monster
a fictitious figure claiming power and justice


You painted this picture
and I waited
for change or a resolution
but the bombs kept descending down
from aircrafts like angels falling from heaven
what do you believe in
is my God not good enough
that you need to preach scriptures and oil
covering the truth


I need proof
little fingers are getting blown off
and screams increasing
you said peace
relief
the picture you painted
and I waited
to hear you speak the truth


now the sky above my house is dark
blood is pouring down my steps
my mind hanging out my skull
the shiny promise of peace now dull
bombs are being thrown at my doorstep
I should have closed the door when you knocked


"Just in: President Obama calls for air strikes to combat no rest of resistance in Libya"


I turned the channel because war movies are often on repeat

(c) 2011 Rebekah A. Frimpong

No comments:

Post a Comment